Welcome to Brentwood Middle School!
As the School Counselor, I work to identify and address student needs through the use of the Missouri Comprehensive Guidance Program. My main goal is to advocate for students and ensure that they each have a successful middle school experience. I work with students individually, in small groups, and within the classroom setting to support and assist them with their academic, social/emotional, behavioral, and personal development. I also work collaboratively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals in order to identify and minimize any barriers that stand in the way of student success. In addition, I can provide information, resources, and referrals.
Some of the areas in which I offer support:
- Forming and maintaining positive peer relationships
- Making decisions
- Resolving conflicts and communicating effectively
- Assisting with coping strategies and problem solving skills
- Encouraging self awareness and acceptance
- Teaching organizational and time management skills
- Reinforcing academic support skills
- Planning for high school and beyond
- Providing crisis intervention for students
- Acting as a liaison between school and home
Students and parents are encouraged to contact me for assistance and to discuss any concerns that they may have.