The Brentwood School District Board of Education has partnered with Ray and Associates, Inc. to assist in conducting a comprehensive search for our next superintendent of schools. Ray and Associates specializes in school executive leadership searches and has a reputation for recruiting outstanding candidates that match the expectations of the board and community.
The search process is already underway, with the anticipated announcement of our next superintendent in February 2024.
This fall, Ray and Associates facilitated nine in-person and virtual focus groups, as well as an online survey, to gather thoughts and feedback from students, staff, families and community members. This process identified 12 leadership characteristics that our community believes are most important for candidates interested in becoming our next superintendent, including:
- Promotes a positive and professional environment that includes mutual trust and respect among teachers, support staff, administrators and the Board of Education.
- Is a strong communicator in speaking, listening and writing.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, presents a positive image of the district, listens to input and is a decision-maker.
- Has a strong moral compass that is rooted in justice and equality.
- Is strongly committed to a student-centered philosophy in all decisions.
- Promotes positive and inclusive student behavior conducive to a healthy and safe learning environment.
- Possesses the leadership skills, knowledge and sensitivity required to respond to the opportunities and challenges presented by a diverse student body and community.
- Can develop and communicate a vision of quality education for the future to the board, staff and community.
- Is able to build consensus and commitment among individuals and groups.
- Is able to delegate and oversee the work of staff, lead by example and appropriately maintain accountability.
- Is committed to the importance of both academic and extracurricular programs.
- Demonstrates commitment to community visibility and is actively engaged in a broad range of community groups and organizations.
Ray and Associates opened the application process on Oct. 25, 2023. The deadline to complete the application process is Jan. 1, 2024.